Saturday, 21 June 2008

Ooh, looky here!

I've had a busy past couple of days really, which is super good considering the fact that the past two months have been critically marred by teh existance of exams. Alas! They are finished and I we have one week left in school to do absolutely nothing of great importance.

Friday:
Any chance to miss 6th form is good news to me (apart from not being with my beloved wife). Anyhoos, I was off looking around Manchester Uni. I thought that I shan't go to Manchester, even though it's meant to be a really good university, because I live 15-20 minutes down the road. :D I think the Open Day has changed my mind slightly. It was really good and friendly and although the German person was slightly boring, the Linguistics lady was really groovy and interesting; she was from Boston, so it gave a different outlook on language and linguistics, which was good. :)
Also, and I never really realised this particularly before, but Manchester is an incredible city. Everything happens here. :)
Seeing as though every first year is guarenteed accomodation, I thought that if I did go to that Uni, I could still move out. I'd be close to home but still be independant and not tied down by my mother. Besides, I've always looked forward to having somewhere that I can call and make my own.

Friday Night:
Me and Becky toodled down to the Backdoor Project in Rochdale, which I've never been to before, to go to the final heat of Battle Of The Bands. To be honest, I did go because a certain someone was in one of the bands, but hey! The other bands were like heavy metal/hardcore/thrash bands, which isn't quite my cup of tea but I like all live music. :) Becky liked the first singer's hair XD. The place is quite cool - all under-18s, the majority of whom seemed to be goth-emo wannabes, including a gay vampire and there was added stripping off. I'm sure you would have loved it. :P The place is tiny too, which I like :) And then his band came on. I recognised a lot of teh songs, either from the gig or from sent songs or just songs I like. Me and Becky did some particularly groovy dancing :D. He was really sweet too - talking to us and stoof and asking what we thought :D :D And then they won that heat - which was fantastic :D (I'm abusing smilies here). The final is on July 4th. Come with me and Becky!
Also, we had to sign forms and we got free tickets for next week because they're filming the gig for a channel 4 documentary called "This Is Britain". Should be good! Me and Becky will be famous :P

To sum up last night in one phrase: All shades of awesomeness. *nods*

Saturday:
I went to the Open Day at Leeds today. It's a bit different because although it's in the city centre, it isn't really. Just to the side, methinks, so we didn't actually see the city which was a bit disappointing. It's all a bit concrete too, well a couple of the buildings. I guess we only saw a bit of it so maybe I'm biased. However, the german course seemed really good and the Halls are really lovely :)
The Student's Union is possibly amazing. It's huge and has loads of stuff e.g. 250+ societies, 3 nightclub spaces, loads of cafes, shops, bookshops etc. etc. Th Refectory in teh Union is amazng too. It's the eating place during the day but they hold gigs there too. All around the walls, they have boards and displays about all the bands that have ever played tehre since the 1970s including Pink Floyd, Barclay James Harvest, Led Zeppelin, Captain Beefheart, The Kinks, The Clash. It's really awesome. My mum was going "Ooh, we're on hallowed ground here!" XD

And I was Emma (and her dog) and the twins! I missed Keiran though.

That's it for now...Sorry if it's a tad boring. This is possibly the longest post I have ever done XD

Quote of the Week:

Mum:
You don't have any roots. You're not a northener, you're not a southener and you're not German.
Me:
You make me sound like a wandering gypsy nomad.
Mum:
Well, you dress like one.

XD

Bonus Unrelated Picture:




1 comment:

KatEvans11120 said...

Lol, that was a nice long lovely post. And the quote of the week rocks! :P