Well, Saturday was possibly the best Saturday I've had in a while. It was just a normal day in Manchester really but compared to the past couple of weeks, it was cool.
As previously mentioned, it was my mission to find a) part of my Halloween costume and b) to see this band (The Planets).
Victoria Station is a very confusing place. The trains stop at a different platform every time and I was meant to be meeting Becky but I had no idea which direction she would be coming from - you need to have eyes in the back of your head. I saw a man who was dressed in a full Scottish kilt with the tasselled socks, buttoned jacket and pouch, carrying a Boots carrier bag. It was a very strange sight indeeed. I was wearing my groovy tartan tights. We kind of matched. :) I also managed to walk in and out of teh train station without slipping. This is a rare and valued scenario.
Anyway, we found part of the costume. I got this black, strapless dress that is covered in lace and it's so wonderful. It's the kind of dress that you wear and you feel instantly happier. Which is ironic, seeing as though it's black - the most depressing colour. It shall be a good dress for dancing in too, I think.
We popped down to Zavvi to see the band at 3pm, which was the time they told me but it was delayed for half an hour. However, Becky managed to find Season 2 of Lost and bought that. I don't think she cares for the plot at all; she only watches it to feed her newly-developed addiction of Sawyer's Manly Dimples (TM). She came up with that phrase there. :/ Also, one of the guys who works at Zavvi looks like a younger, cuter, extremely skinny version of Captain Jack Sparrow. The headscarf, the eyeliner, the hair!
The live area of Zavvi is underground. I love underground things. There weren't that many who turned up to watch The Planets, which was a shame because they were really good. If I wasn't so good at being so inhibitive, I would have danced around like crazy because they are a Dancing Band. Indeed. Becky recently said that my music collection is devoid of Dancing Bands and I must agree that it is. I rectified that, however, by buying TAI...'s albums and Cobra Starship's mot recent album. They're super great for dancing around the house at night and singing along with (very loudly). Or for making up mini-dance routines in the common room during free periods in the 6th form.
The second band were called The Black Knights. They were kind of like the White Stripes, although they were just two men. The singer had a really good voice and he reminded me of someone so much but I just couldn't match the voice to a name. I'm still trying to figure it out :( The singer was also wearing a purple suit and we both saw him upstairs prior to the shindig, except I thought he was just dressing up as The Joker. Oh, how I fail.
I forgot to say - we met up with Keiran too, which was unexpected but good. And he made some interesting observations, such as the fact that Becky got checked out by some guys ;)
Proactiveness works!
I am re-employing Proactiveness this year. It is working! I am on friendly terms with one guy again and Nicole's Psychology class spent part of their lesson talking about how to set me up with this said guy. Methinks it'll end up badly though. Nobody but three(?) people know of my previous humiliation. Woe betide...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment